Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and in keeping with the best advice from CDC and other public health authorities:
I am suspending all treatments and in person consults until further notice
This is not a decision that I have come to easily, but I feel it is the right decision at this time. Due to the highly contagious nature of the virus and limited containment efforts; it is difficult or impossible to know for certain that one is not a vector for the infection of others in close contact. This is the nature of this specific pathogen and epidemiology in general. The primary component of the physicians oath is do no harm. With that in mind, I cannot in good conscience continue seeing patients in person; both for my own safety and especially for the safety of my patients.
Starting Monday 23 March, I will be offering video consults for herbal and nutrition therapy. I am working with CharmEHR and their telemedicine service to continue providing care in a safe and responsible manner during this epidemic. More information and details will be available starting next week.
Steps You Can Take
The following recommendations can help you protect yourself and those you are in close contact with:
- Wash your hands regularly, using the following guidelines.
- Avoid close contact, avoid public places unless absolutely necessary. Avoid people who are known or suspected to have the virus. try to keep at least 6ft between you and other people
- Stay home if you are sick. Even if you do not have the virus, other pathogens can weaken the immune system and make you and others more susceptible.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick. Face masks are better at preventing spread from the person wearing them. If you are not sick, there is no need to wear a face-mask, unless you are caring for someone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and frequently touched items
including: tables, doorknobs, counters, sinks, and cellphones. Use
a EPA registered disinfectant or a solution with at least %70
Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to resuming in person treatments and consults when it is safe and responsible to do so. In the meantime, you can contact me in the the following ways: